We use ads to continue serving you mods and further develop the site. Whitelisting us in your ad blocker can help us a lot ❤ If you dislike ads, consider supporting us.

Payday 2: You're crashing with the new U153 and BLT 2.0?
I am having a reoccurring issue, and I suppose this would be the best place to ask. Whenever my game crashes, I check my crash log common\PAYDAY 2\mods\logs*todaysdate_log.txt* and it always says a dozen or so mods have a fatal error. But whenever I remove the mod ACTUALLY giving me the fatal error, all of those disappear from the list. So how do I go about telling which mod is actually causing my problems, or do I just have to remove them all and start adding them back?
All those mod that appears on BLT log is because BLT 2.0 uses a new mod.txt format or something..
So BLT thrown an error saying it can't read the mod.txt, but actually can read it with it's back-compatibility something.

The one that throws fatal error on BLT Log most likely isn't the one that causing crash, its just a case of BLT 2.0 doesn't like the old mod.txt format (BLT can still read the mod)

Read the 1st post for more information
(09-01-2017, 01:45 AM)Alcat101 Wrote: All those mod that appears on BLT log is because BLT 2.0 uses a new mod.txt format or something..
So BLT thrown an error saying it can't read the mod.txt, but actually can read it with it's back-compatibility something.

The one that throws fatal error on BLT Log most likely isn't the one that causing crash, its just a case of BLT 2.0 doesn't like the old mod.txt format (BLT can still read the mod)

Read the 1st post for more information

Thank you for the response, and sorry if I didn't make this clear, but EVERY time I have a crash, that is what my crashlog shows. When Bag Contour needed an update a week back and was causing CTDs, it was a pain in my ass to figure out what was causing the crash, because it listed a dozen mods as giving fatal errors.

Also thank you for such a detailed first post!
To add onto my last point. After nearly 2 hours of testing, and removing over 2 dozen mods that were giving me errors, the crash was caused by the Forced RNG mod, which was never even in the crash log to begin with.

Side note, Forced RNG will cause CTDs with the new update.
I found that Melee Overhaul Revamped causes crashes as well, any saves with my working mods don't crash the game, so I'd assume a lot of them are alright.
[Image: 76561198095950151.png]
Oddly enough, most BLT mods merely need to have
"blt_version" : 2
added to their mod.txt to get them to run again.
However, while custom weapons with BeardLib work, any hooks do not work. Any idea how they must be changed?
My game won't launch with BLT 2.0 and I deleted all mods also Steam says that Payday 2 is running but it not
https://github.com/JamesWilko/Payday-2-BLT/issues/95

Currently BLT don't works with Win7
BeardLib currently disabled lua hooks on any custom stuff.
Luffy is aware of this, and a fix is coming soon I guess.
I use Windows 7 and after someone sent me the Beta hook from the Desync Beta (using LuaJIT), it started to work for me. Not sure if all mods work and stuff but at least the game launches.

Attached Files
.zip   Beta_Hook_BLT2.zip (Size: 680.17 KB / Downloads: 31)
[Image: Babyforce.gif]